The IBM cloud services for business-to-business (B2B) enterprises includes more than 170 products and cloud computing services available globally. The three primary service models (or varieties) of cloud computing are all included in IBM Cloud, as is the case with many other all-encompassing cloud computing services, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
These include software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and, more recently, infrastructure as a service (IaaS). Additionally, it is made available through the hybrid, private, and public cloud deployment types.
Both major commercial firms and organizations and startups with small development teams can use the services offered by IBM Cloud computing. To boost efficiency and effectiveness, it organizes these services under three headings: SmartCloud Foundation, SmartCloud Services, and SmartCloud Solutions, in addition to public, private, and hybrid cloud delivery modes.
Features of IBM Cloud Computing Services
With IBM Cloud computing, businesses and organizations may select from a wide range of resources designed for demanding computing requirements, including:
- Establishing and gaining access to virtualized IT resources, such as networking, processing power, and cloud storage.
- Choose whether virtual servers (PaaS) or bare-metal servers are based on the Cloud Foundry cloud platform.
- Developers may utilize IBM cloud services to create and deploy a variety of apps either on-premises or on the public cloud.
- Supports widely used programming languages and scripts, such as Python, PHP, Java, and Node.js.
- Constructing a range of databases, from SQL to NoSQL.
- Making APIs for natural language processing, automated visual identification, and AI and machine learning applications.
- Implementing solutions based on Blockchain technology.
- Putting solid cloud security in place from the ground up.
- Putting in place a pay-as-you-go pricing strategy.
What Differentiates IBM?
The most well-known rating website, Gartner, reports that IBM Cloud has an overall rating of 4.3 from 269 Reviews. However, consumers and critics contend that IBM should have received higher scores.
According to IBM, it excels above other cloud providers in four key areas:
- Computing: IBM has the barest metal servers installed globally, and the technology also allows for additional customization and NVIDIA GPU possibilities.
- Additional administration and monitoring tools.
- Networking services include an integrated worldwide private network with the fastest DNS and CDN servers and limitless private network bandwidth for all servers.
- Storage: 48K maximum IOPS for blocks, providing file and block storage at a cheaper cost for intensive I/O workloads. Flex deployment is available for unstructured data.
A Next-Gen Technology
The IBM Cloud provides a next-generation hybrid multi-cloud platform, the most open and secure public cloud platform for business, sophisticated data and AI capabilities, and deep corporate knowledge across 20 sectors. Applications and data are flexible and portable with IBM Cloud hybrid cloud solutions. This hybrid cloud stack is supported by Linux®, Kubernetes, and containers, which work together with RedHat® OpenShift® to build a single platform integrating on-premises and cloud assets.